Search Charleston, South Carolina Hotels from AU$90
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 6 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 20 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 18 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 21 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 13 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 20 Sep. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Charleston, and visitors give high marks for the churches, local tours, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its architecture, restaurants, and bars. A top sight in the city is USS Yorktown.
- There are 1926 hotels and other accommodations in Charleston
- The closest major airport is in Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston Intl.) 15.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Charleston
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Confederate Museum, Gibbes Museum of Art, and Pink House Gallery. Its historic sites and churches are notable and landmarks include USS Yorktown, The Powder Magazine, and Thomas Elfe House. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Charleston City Market, Rainbow Market Shopping Center, and South Windermere Shopping Center.
In Charleston, you'll find 1926 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- 86 Cannon - This 4-star guesthouse in Historic Charleston features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Wentworth Mansion - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Historic Charleston can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room fireplace.
- French Quarter Inn - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Historic Charleston can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Charleston
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Charleston-North Station. Charleston might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Charleston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 43°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Charleston is 44.41 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Charleston?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Charleston, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Charleston?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Charleston?
What's the best hotel for couples in Charleston?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Charleston?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Charleston?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Charleston?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Charleston?
What's the best boutique hotel in Charleston?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Charleston?
Recent Reviews in Charleston
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Charleston airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Charleston?
- Where to stay near top Charleston attractions?
- More accommodation types in Charleston
- What kind of hotels are in Charleston?
- Which hotel chains are in Charleston?
- What are the most popular hotels in Charleston?
- Are there hotels near Charleston?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends