Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 26 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 4 Nov. 2019
Reviewed on 22 Oct. 2019
History buffs will enjoy exploring Chania, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafés and museums. Top sights in the city include Venetian Port and Chania Lighthouse.
- There are 522 hotels and other accommodations in Chania
- The closest major airport is in Chania (CHQ-Ioannis Daskalogiannis) 11.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chania
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Chania Archaeological Museum, Khania Archaeological Museum, and Folklore Museum of Chania. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Chania Lighthouse, Mosque of the Janissaries, and Franciscan Monastery of Aghios Fragkiskos. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Nea Chora Beach, Golden Beach, and Agioi Apostoloi Beach.
In Chania, you'll be able to select from 522 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- La Maison Ottomane - Guests who stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast in Chania Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Serenissima Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Chania Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Domus Renier Boutique Hotel - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Chania Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and a snack bar/deli, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other top sights in Chania include Venetian Port.
Dressing for Chania
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- About 0.83 inches of rain falls on Chania each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 47°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Chania?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Chania, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Chania?
What's the best hotel for families in Chania?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Chania?
What's the best all-inclusive hotel in Chania?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Chania?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Chania?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Chania?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Chania?
What's the best hotel in Chania to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in Chania
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Chania airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Chania?
- Where to stay near top Chania attractions?
- More accommodation types in Chania
- What kind of hotels are in Chania?
- Which hotel chains are in Chania?
- What are the most popular hotels in Chania?
- Are there hotels near Chania?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends