Visiting Bokissa Island
Those traveling to Bokissa Island are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. The closest major airport is in Luganville (SON-Santo-Pekoa Intl.) 9.7 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Bokissa Island
Places to visit in the larger region include Aore Island, SS President Coolidge, and Unity Park. In the area, you'll also find Rotary Park and Ammunition Bunkers.
As you start planning your visit to Bokissa Island, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are some of the places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Bokissa Private Island Resort is located in the heart of Bokissa Island. This 3-star resort in Bokissa Island features a private beach, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Two Canoes Island Getaway is located 0.1 mi from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Aore Island can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Bokissa Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 67°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 69°F
- Bokissa Island gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and March are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 66°F