Visitors to Bicester are sure to enjoy the spas, bars, and golf courses. Quaint and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Bicester Village, Blenheim Palace, and Pitts Rivers Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Bicester
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF) 13 from the city center
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT) 54.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bicester
The city's countryside and gardens provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Rousham House and Gardens. Golfing is a top activity, and Bicester Golf and Country Club is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Bicester Village to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Bicester. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Heyford House Bed & Breakfast - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free parking and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- The White Horse Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this inn. This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Bicester Hotel Golf and Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Popular places to see in the area include Blenheim Palace, located 9.3 mi (14.9 from the city center, and Pitts Rivers Museum, which is 11.4 mi (18.4 away.
Getting Around Bicester
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Bicester North Station, Bicester Village Station, or Bicester Heyford Station. Bicester might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bicester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 32°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Bicester is 1.22 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F