Search Berchtesgaden, Bavaria Hotels from AU$104
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 28 Dec. 2019
Visitors to Berchtesgaden are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting and local tours. Hellbrunn Palace, Fortress Hohensalzburg, and Salzburg Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Berchtesgaden
- The closest major airport is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart) 16.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Berchtesgaden
The city's cultural venues include Salt Mine Berchtesgaden and Haus der Berge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hotel Zum Turken WWII Bunkers and Weinfeldlift.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Berchtesgaden. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kempinski Hotel Berchtesgaden - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and ski-in/ski-out access, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Alpenhotel Fischer - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Alpenhotel Garni Weiherbach - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and an indoor pool.
Popular places to visit in the area include Hellbrunn Palace, located 8.4 mi (13.5 from the city center, and Fortress Hohensalzburg, which is 10.7 mi (17.2 away.
Getting Around Berchtesgaden
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Berchtesgaden Central Station. Berchtesgaden might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Berchtesgaden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Berchtesgaden each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Berchtesgaden?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Berchtesgaden, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Berchtesgaden?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Berchtesgaden?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Berchtesgaden?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Berchtesgaden?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Berchtesgaden?
What's the best hotel for a winter holiday in Berchtesgaden?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Berchtesgaden?
Recent Reviews in Berchtesgaden
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Berchtesgaden airport?
- Where to stay near top Berchtesgaden attractions?
- More accommodation types in Berchtesgaden
- What kind of hotels are in Berchtesgaden?
- Which hotel chains are in Berchtesgaden?
- What are the most popular hotels in Berchtesgaden?
- Are there hotels near Berchtesgaden?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends