Search Bangkok, Thailand Hotels from AU$31
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 9 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 18 Jun. 2020
Reviewed on 1 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 9 Apr. 2020
Reviewed on 10 Feb. 2020
Reviewed on 12 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 27 Feb. 2020
Reviewed on 3 Dec. 2019
Travelers to Bangkok give high marks for the temples, shopping, and important monuments. Vibrant and culturally-rich, this city will delight tourists with its restaurants, museums, and bars. Top sights in the city include Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Grand Palace, and Wat Pho.
- There are 2811 hotels and other accommodations in Bangkok
- The closest major airport is in Bangkok (DMK-Don Mueang Intl.) 20.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Bangkok (BKK-Suvarnabhumi Intl.) 24.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bangkok
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Jim Thompson House, Suan Pakkard Palace, and Vimanmek Palace. Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Grand Palace, and Wat Pho. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Siam Paragon Mall, Siam Square, and MBK Center.
In Bangkok, there are 2811 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Old Capital Bike Inn - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Khao San can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- SAB House – Caters to Women - This 2-star guesthouse in Pathumwan features free WiFi, a terrace, and laundry facilities.
- Cubic Bangkok Hostel - This 2-star hostel in Pathumwan features free WiFi, a café, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Bangkok include Wat Arun, Pratunam Market, and Lumpini Park. A top sight in the surrounding area is Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo, located 18.9 mi (30.4 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Bangkok
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Bangkok is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transit at Siam Station, Rachathewi Station, and Chit Loms BTS Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Bangkok Makkasan Station, Bangkok Hua Lamphong Station, or Bangkok Railway Station.
Dressing for Bangkok
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 94°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 68°F
- From April to June, the average is 95°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- Bangkok gets about 54.61 inches of rain per year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 69°F