Search Austin, Texas Hotels from AU$95
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 13 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 16 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 24 Oct. 2020
Travelers to Austin give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices, and festivals. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its theaters, university setting, and art. Top sights in the city include Austin City Limits, Governor's Mansion, and Texas State Capitol.
- There are 1150 hotels and other accommodations in Austin
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.) 10.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Killeen, TX (GRK-Killeen-Fort Hood Regional) 88.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Austin
Known for its live music, festivals, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Austin City Limits, Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum, and Blanton Museum of Art. The city's natural beauty is on display at Zilker Park, Zilker Botanical Garden, and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of Texas at Austin and Huston Tillotson University.
In Austin, there are 1150 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Eleven - This 3-star hotel in East Austin features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Kimber Modern - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in South Congress can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Camp Lucy - This 4-star lodge features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Austin include Governor's Mansion, Texas State Capitol, and University of Texas Tower.
Getting Around Austin
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Austin is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Downtown Station, Plaza Saltillo Station, and Martin Luther King Jr Station. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Austin Station.
Dressing for Austin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 98°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- About 34.33 inches of rain falls on Austin each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 96°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 43°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Austin?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Austin, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Austin?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Austin?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Austin?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Austin?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Austin?
What's the best luxury hotel in Austin?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Austin?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Austin?
Recent Reviews in Austin
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Austin airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Austin?
- Where to stay near top Austin attractions?
- More accommodation types in Austin
- What kind of hotels are in Austin?
- Which hotel chains are in Austin?
- What are the most popular hotels in Austin?
- Are there hotels near Austin?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends