Search Athi River, Machakos County Hotels from AU$60
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Check Athi River hotel prices
3.55 km from city centre
Swara Acacia Lodge
4.3/5Excellent! (3 reviews)
"Beautiful huts and well maintained lodge. Lunch buffet cost 1500 shilling and was not worth that amount at all! (Same for the dinner buffet that was even more expenzive) If you have booked the night game drive and dont have a car, be aware that they might not have any car ready for taking you on ..."
Reviewed on 9 Sep. 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
With member prices, you could save 10% or more right now on thousands of properties.
Mombasa Road, Athi River, Nairobi County
2.84 km from city centre
Small World Country Club
5/5Exceptional! (1 review)
"We had a great experience. The place is home away from home. Staff displayed very high standards of professionalism, excellent customer care and service. Great Thanks to Angela, Enoch, Priscilla and the rest for ensuring that our stay was most comfortable and memorable. Will definitely be coming ..."
Reviewed on 5 Nov. 2019
Fully refundableReserve now, pay when you stay
5.51 km from city centre
Finch & Sons
1/5 (1 review)
"There is no Finch and Sons hotel, it's a fraud /fake place. No one answers the phone. It's bogus do not book or pay."
Reviewed on 25 Apr. 2021
Don't see what you're looking for?
See all available properties in Athi RiverView all properties
Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
Visiting Athi River
Travelers to Athi River will find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Moi International Sports Centre.
- You'll find 346 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Nairobi
- The closest major airport is in Nairobi (NBO-Jomo Kenyatta Intl.) 15.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Nairobi (WIL-Wilson) 25.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Athi River
Moi International Sports Centre is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Gateway Mall and African Heritage House in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Athi River, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are some of the places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Inter Leisure Hotel is located within 2.5 mi of the city center. This 3-star hotel in Athi River features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The White Resort is 1.7 mi from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Athi River can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Athi River
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 58°F
- Athi River gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and March are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 55°F
Frequently asked questions
Recent Reviews in Athi River
Expedia Verified Review
2 / 5 Poor
Way out from the airport in a run down area.
67 Athi Hotel
A verified traveller stayed at 67 Athi Hotel
Posted 2 months ago
4 / 5 Good
I had an amazing time at this place.The environment is so cool and relaxed.Cleanliness is commendable.
A verified traveller stayed at Lukenya Getaway
Posted 4 months ago
Expedia Verified Review
1 / 5 Terrible
There is no Finch and Sons hotel, it's a fraud /fake place. No one answers the phone. It's bogus do not book or pay.
Finch & Sons
A verified traveller stayed at Finch & Sons
Posted 5 months ago