History buffs will enjoy exploring Yogyakarta, and visitors give high marks for the temples and local tours. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its museums.
- There are 521 hotels and other accommodations in Yogyakarta
- The closest major airport is in Yogyakarta (JOG-Adisucipto Intl.) 8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Surakarta (SOC-Adisumarmo Intl.) 52.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yogyakarta
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Sonobudoyo Museum, Museum Kereta Kraton, and Batik Museum. Its temples and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Bank Indonesia, Fort Vredeburg Museum, and Yogyakarta Presidential Palace. Sightseeing is a top activity, and Goa Pindul is one place to visit.
In Yogyakarta, you'll find 521 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Swiss-Belboutique Yogyakarta - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Gondokusuman can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Villa Borobudur - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Alamanda Villa's, Adventure & Pool - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Getting Around Yogyakarta
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Yogyakarta Tugu Station. Yogyakarta might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Yogyakarta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 75°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 93°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Yogyakarta gets about 51.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually September and October are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas September and August are often coldest, averaging 73°F