Search Winterthur, Zürich Hotels from AU$110
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 5 Dec. 2019
Reviewed on 10 Mar. 2020
Visitors to Winterthur are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, museums, and theaters. Around the area, top sights include Swiss Science Center Technorama, Shopping Center Glatt, and Zoo Zurich.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Winterthur
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH) 13.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Winterthur
Cultural venues in the city include Swiss Science Center Technorama, Casinotheater, and Kunsthalle Winterthur. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museum Oskar Reinhart and Winterthur Natural History Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Winterthur. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Depot 195 - Hostel Winterthur - With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Hotel Wartmann am Bahnhof - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Park Hotel Winterthur Swiss Quality - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Shopping Center Glatt, located 8.8 mi (14.2 from the city center, and Zoo Zurich, which is 10.7 mi (17.2 away.
Getting Around Winterthur
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Winterthur is easy. Nearby metro stations include Winterthur Grüze S-Bahn and Winterthur Seen S-Bahn. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Winterthur Station.
Dressing for Winterthur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Winterthur gets about 1.46 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Winterthur?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Winterthur, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Winterthur?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Winterthur?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Winterthur?
Recent Reviews in Winterthur
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Winterthur airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Winterthur?
- Where to stay near top Winterthur attractions?
- More accommodation types in Winterthur
- Which hotel chains are in Winterthur?
- What are the most popular hotels in Winterthur?
- Are there hotels near Winterthur?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends