Visitors to Whyalla are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and seafood restaurants.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Whyalla
- The closest major airport is in Whyalla, SA (WYA) 4.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Whyalla
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Whyalla Foreshore. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Whyalla Maritime Museum and Whyalla Marina.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Whyalla. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Whyalla Playford Apartments - This 4.5-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and conference space. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean rooms.
- Sundowner Cabin and Tourist Park - Our customers like the helpful staff at this apartment. With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with a private balcony.
- Discovery Parks – Whyalla Foreshore - With a stay at this 3.5-star campground, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Dressing for Whyalla
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 55°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Whyalla each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 41°F