Search Port Augusta, South Australia Hotels from AU$90
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 4 Mar. 2020
Visiting Port Augusta
Visitors to Port Augusta are sure to enjoy the waterfront and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Port Augusta
- The closest major airport is in Whyalla, SA (WYA) 66.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Augusta
Cultural venues in the city include Homestead Park Pioneer Museum, Wadlata Outback Centre, and Port Augusta Cultural Centre - Yarta Purtli. Additionally, you might want to add Australian Arid Lands Botanic Garden to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Port Augusta. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Majestic Oasis Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Pampas Motel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Pastoral Hotel Motel - This 3.5-star motel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar.
Getting Around Port Augusta
With so many transportation options, exploring Port Augusta is easy. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Port Augusta Railway Station. You can explore your options for water transportation at the local port.
Dressing for Port Augusta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 59°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Port Augusta is 9.49 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Port Augusta?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Port Augusta, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Port Augusta?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Port Augusta?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Port Augusta?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Port Augusta?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Port Augusta?
What's the best golf hotel in Port Augusta?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Port Augusta?
Recent Reviews in Port Augusta
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Port Augusta airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Port Augusta?
- Where to stay near top Port Augusta attractions?
- More accommodation types in Port Augusta
- What kind of hotels are in Port Augusta?
- Which hotel chains are in Port Augusta?
- What are the most popular hotels in Port Augusta?
- Are there hotels near Port Augusta?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends