Visitors to Whangarei are sure to enjoy the spas and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. A top sight in the city is Pou.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Whangarei
- The closest major airport is in Whangarei (WRE) 7.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Kerikeri (KKE-Bay of Islands) 62.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Whangarei
The city's natural beauty is on display at A. H. Reed Memorial Kauri Park, Abbey Caves, and Whangarei Falls. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Town Basin Marina and Tutukaka Marina are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pou and Claphams Clock Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Whangarei. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Birchgrove Cottages - With a stay at this 4.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Lupton Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Lodge Bordeaux - With a stay at this 5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Dressing for Whangarei
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Whangarei is 49.25 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 46°F