Visitors can enjoy all that Ulaanbaatar has to offer including the museums, monuments, and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, parks, and theaters.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Ulaanbaatar
- The closest major airport is in Ulan Bator (ULN-Chinggis Khaan Intl.) 13.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ulaanbaatar
Cultural venues in the city include Mongolian Artists’ Exhibition Hall, Mogolian National Modern Art Gallery, and Memorial Museum of Victims of Political Persecution. The city is notable for landmarks like Chinggis Khaan Square, Chinggis Khan Statue, and Parliament House. The city's natural beauty is on display at Chinggis Khan Garden, Government Palace Garden, and National Amusement Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Ulaanbaatar. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Shangri La Ulaanbaatar - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown Ulaanbaatar can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Bayanzürkh features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and free WiFi.
- Best Western Gobi's Kelso - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Bayangol can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Ulaanbaatar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -13°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 15°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 31°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 50°F as the daytime average and -10°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ulaanbaatar is 12.60 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -9°F