History buffs will enjoy exploring Tours, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedral, gardens, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Tours Cathedral, Vinci International Convention Centre, and Parc des Expositions de Tours.
- There are 71 hotels and other accommodations in Tours
- The closest major airport is in Tours (TUF-Tours - Loire Valley) 4.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tours
Cultural venues in the city include Musee du Gemmail, Musée St-Martin, and Archaeological Museum. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Tours Cathedral and Botanical Garden. Other notable sights to explore include Vinci International Convention Centre and Parc des Expositions de Tours.
In Tours, you'll be able to select from 71 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Ronsard - Located in Tours City Centre, this 2-star hotel room features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV.
- Hotel Le Castel Fleuri - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Clarion Hotel Château Belmont Tours - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Getting Around Tours
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Tours Station. Tours may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Tours
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tours is 26.46 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F