Search Torquay, England Hotels from AU$107
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 25 Sep. 2020
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Torquay, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos, cocktail bars, and zoo. A top sight in the area is Spacex.
- There are 177 hotels and other accommodations in Torquay
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.) 30.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Plymouth (PLH-Plymouth City) 41.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Torquay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Inner Harbour, Torre Abbey Sands, and Meadfoot Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Torquays Dinosaur World and Princess Theatre.
In Torquay, you'll find 177 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Elmdene Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- The Briarfields - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Wellsway - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
A top sight outside the city is Spacex, located 17.8 mi (28.7 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Torquay
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Torquay is simple. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Torquay Station or Torre Station. You can learn about water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Torquay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Torquay gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Torquay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Torquay, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Torquay?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Torquay?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Torquay?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Torquay?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Torquay?
What's the best high-end hotel in Torquay?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Torquay?
What's the best golf hotel in Torquay?
Recent Reviews in Torquay
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Torquay airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Torquay?
- Where to stay near top Torquay attractions?
- More accommodation types in Torquay
- What kind of hotels are in Torquay?
- Which hotel chains are in Torquay?
- What are the most popular hotels in Torquay?
- Are there hotels near Torquay?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends