Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Torquay, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos, cocktail bars, and zoo. A top sight in the area is Spacex.
- There are 177 hotels and other accommodations in Torquay
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.) 30.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Plymouth (PLH-Plymouth City) 41.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Torquay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Inner Harbour, Torre Abbey Sands, and Meadfoot Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Torquays Dinosaur World and Princess Theatre.
In Torquay, you'll find 177 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Elmdene Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- The Briarfields - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Wellsway - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
A top sight outside the city is Spacex, located 17.8 mi (28.7 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Torquay
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Torquay is simple. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Torquay Station or Torre Station. You can learn about water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Torquay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Torquay gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F