Search Thursday Island, Queensland Hotels from AU$205
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Thursday Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Thursday Island has to offer including the seaside, sightseeing tours, and ancient ruins. The culturally-rich and quaint setting also entices those visiting the city. The closest major airport is in Horn Island, QLD (HID) 8 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Thursday Island
Places to visit in the area include Torres Strait Heritage Museum and Horn Island Jetty.
Dressing for Thursday Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 77°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 75°F
- About 1.54 inches of rain falls on Thursday Island each year
- Usually December and November are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 73°F