Visiting Horn Island
Visitors are sure to enjoy all the features Horn Island has to offer. The closest major airport is in Horn Island, QLD (HID) 1.7 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Horn Island
A couple of favorite places to visit are Horn Island Jetty and Torres Strait Heritage Museum.
Dressing for Horn Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 77°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 75°F as the nighttime average
- Horn Island gets about 1.54 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually December and December with an average temperature of 89°F while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 73°F