Visitors to Thames are sure to enjoy the local tours and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and riverfront.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Thames
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 69 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Thames
Cultural venues in the city include Thames Historical Museum, School of Mines & Mineralogical Museum, and The Treasury. Notable city landmarks like Goldmine Experience and Burke Street Wharf might be worth a visit. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Hauraki Rail Trail Thames is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Thames. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cotswold Cottage - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Nightingale Falls Farmstay Retreat - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Grafton Cottage & Chalets - With a stay at this 4-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Thames
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Thames each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F