Visiting Te Anau
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Te Anau, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its parks. In Te Anau, there are 39 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Te Anau
Favorite family attractions include Luxmore Jet and Te Anau Wildlife Centre. The lakeside, parks, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Lake Te Anau, Ivon Wilson Scenic Reserve, and Kepler Track are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fiordland Cinema and Te Anau Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Te Anau. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Blue Ridge Boutique Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Te Anau Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Fiordland Lodge - With a stay at this 5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Te Anau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Average annual rainfall for Te Anau is 1.42 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 36°F