Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Tahiti, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Tahiti
- The closest major airport is in Papeete (PPT-Tahiti Faaa Intl.) 29.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Moorea (MOZ-Temae) 47 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tahiti
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Maraa Grotto, Fautaua Waterfall, and The Water Gardens of Vaipahi. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Papeete Market is a favorite for retail therapy. Top activities include taking local tours and taking a ferry, while Port de Pape'ete is one place to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Tahiti. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- InterContinental Resort Tahiti - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Le Meridien Tahiti - This 4-star resort features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Temae Beach, located 28.7 mi (46.2 from the heart of the city, and Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course, which is 30 mi (48.2 away.
Dressing for Tahiti
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 71°F at night
- Tahiti gets about 68.74 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 69°F