Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 17 Jan. 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 14 Jan. 2021
Reviewed on 8 Jan. 2021
Reviewed on 17 Jan. 2021
Reviewed on 10 Dec. 2020
Visiting St. John's
History buffs will enjoy exploring St. John's, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, bustling port, and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its live music and entertainment choices.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodations in St. John's
- The closest major airport is in St. John's, NL (YYT-St. John's Intl.) 6.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in St. John's
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Mile One Centre, Leyton Gallery of Fine Art, and Railway Coastal Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Newman Wine Vaults, St. John's Courthouse, and Colonial Building. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Atlantic Place, Avalon Mall, and Village Shopping Centre.
In St. John's, you'll be able to select from 74 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Blue Haven - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its local sightseeing.
- The Bayside Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Jag Boutique Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel in Downtown St. John's features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for St. John's
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 37°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 25°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Average annual rainfall for St. John's is 1.42 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 18°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in St. John's?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in St. John's, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in St. John's?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to St. John's?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in St. John's?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in St. John's?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in St. John's?
What's the best high-end hotel in St. John's?
What's the best boutique accommodation in St. John's?
What's the best golf hotel in St. John's?
What's the best accommodation in St. John's to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in St. John's?
Recent Reviews in St. John's
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the St. John's airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of St. John's?
- Where to stay near top St. John's attractions?
- More accommodation types in St. John's
- What kind of hotels are in St. John's?
- Which hotel chains are in St. John's?
- What are the most popular hotels in St. John's?
- Are there hotels near St. John's?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends