Visitors can enjoy all that Shirakawa has to offer including the waterfalls and lakeside setting. The quaint and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Shirakawa
- The closest major airport is in Komatsu (KMQ) 46.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Toyama (TOY) 54.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shirakawa
The city is notable for landmarks like Nagase house, Kanda house, and Wada Ke. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Shirakawago Gassho Zukuri Minkaen and Shirakawa Hachiman Shrine Festival Hall.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Shirakawa. Listed here are a few places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Shirakawa-go Hostel is 3.5 mi from the city's heart. This 1-star hostel in Shirakawa features free WiFi and free parking.
- TOUSUKENO-YU FUJIYA is located within 3.5 mi of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star ryokan in Shirakawa can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- YUNOSATO is located 3.9 mi from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star ryokan in Shirakawa can enjoy access to free parking and in-room flat-screen TVs.
Dressing for Shirakawa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Shirakawa is 1.54 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F