Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Santorini has to offer. Top sights in the city include Museum of Prehistoric Thira, Archaeological Museum, and Nea Kameni Volcano.
- There are 982 hotels and other accommodations in Santorini
- The closest major airport is in Thira (JTR-Santorini National) 3.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Santorini
The city's cultural venues include Museum of Prehistoric Thira and Archaeological Museum. The picturesque setting of Nea Kameni Volcano and Red Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Santo Winery and Athinios Port.
In Santorini, you'll find 982 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Vasilicos - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Katharos Villas - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this villa. This 3.5-star villa features 6 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and free valet parking.
- Santorini Heights - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Santorini
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 51°F at night
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Santorini each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F