Visiting Santa Marta
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Santa Marta, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its local tours and parks.
- There are 337 hotels and other accommodations in Santa Marta
- The closest major airport is in Santa Marta (SMR-Simon Bolivar) 14.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Marta
The beaches, hiking trails, and parks highlight the city's natural beauty, and Simon Bolivar Park, Santa Marta Beach, and Taganga Beach are worth a visit. Taking local tours is one of the top activities, while Marina Santa Marta, Blue Well, and Mareygua Beach are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Santa Marta Cathedral and Customs House.
In Santa Marta, you'll find 337 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- La Calzada del Santo - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Historic Center can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Casa Amani - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Historic Center features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Aite Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Santa Marta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 77°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- Santa Marta gets about 2.40 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 74°F