Families will find kid-friendly activities in Salisbury, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its university setting, shopping, and museums.
- You'll find 23 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lexington - Salisbury
- The closest major airport is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional) 38.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds) 56.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salisbury
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Rowan Museum, Dr. Josephus Hall House, and North Carolina Transportation Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Spencer Doll and Toy Museum and Crescent Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Salisbury. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Salisbury - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salisbury - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Salisbury - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Salisbury
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Salisbury Station. Salisbury might not have as many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Salisbury
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Salisbury is 42.05 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F