History buffs will enjoy exploring Salamanca, and visitors give high marks for the cathedrals. Culturally-rich and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its cafés, university setting, and tours. Top sights in the city include Plaza Mayor, New Cathedral of Salamanca, and San Esteban Convent.
- You'll find 212 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Salamanca (province)
- The closest major airport is in Salamanca (SLM-Matacan) 13.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Salamanca
Its cathedrals and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Plaza Mayor, New Cathedral of Salamanca, and San Esteban Convent. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Pontifical University of Salamanca and University of Salamanca. In Salamanca, you'll find 120 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat.
- Don Gregorio - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Old Town have access to a restaurant and a bar/lounge, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hosteria Sara - Located in Old Town, this 2-star hostal accommodation features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV.
- Hotel Rector - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Old Town have access to a bar/lounge and a coffee shop/café, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Getting Around Salamanca
If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Salamanca Station.
Dressing for Salamanca
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Salamanca gets about 15.08 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 33°F