Families will find kid-friendly activities in Saint-Malo, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include St. Malo Citadel and St. Vincent Cathedral.
- There are 121 hotels and other accommodations in Saint-Malo
- The closest major airport is in Dinard (DNR-Dinard - Pleurtuit - Saint-Malo) 7.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Rennes (RNS-Saint-Jacques) 68.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint-Malo
Notable city landmarks like St. Malo Citadel and St. Vincent Cathedral might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: St. Malo Beach, Grand Be, and Sillon Beach. Taking a ferry is just one of the top activities, while Port of Saint-Malo and Saint-Malo Ferry Port are sights to visit.
In Saint-Malo, there are 121 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel Le Nouveau Monde - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Kyriad Prestige Saint-Malo - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Hotel La Villefromoy - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Getting Around Saint-Malo
With so many ways to get around, exploring Saint-Malo is easy. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Saint Malo Station. You can catch a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Saint-Malo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Saint-Malo gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F