Visiting Puerto Plata
Travelers to Puerto Plata give high marks for the beaches, entertainment choices, and lively bar scene. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its live music and waterfalls. Top sights in the city include Fort San Felipe, Pico Isabel de Torres, and Ocean World Adventure Park.
- There are 351 hotels and other accommodations in Puerto Plata
- The closest major airport is in Puerto Plata (POP-Gregorio Luperon Intl.) 14.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Santiago (STI-Cibao Intl.) 44.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Puerto Plata
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Amber Museum, Museum of Taino Art, and Museo de la Comunidad Judía de Sosúa. Notable city landmarks like Fort San Felipe and Pico Isabel de Torres might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Playa Dorada, Long Beach, and Isabel De Torres National Park.
In Puerto Plata, there are 351 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Garden by the Sea - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a water park and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Ultravioleta Boutique Residences - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this condo resort. This 4-star condo resort features a private beach, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Casa Colonial Beach & Spa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Other top sights in Puerto Plata include Ocean World Adventure Park.
Dressing for Puerto Plata
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 68°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 68°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Puerto Plata is 1.69 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 68°F