Search Papeete, Windward Islands Hotels from AU$105
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 24 Sep. 2019
Visitors to Papeete are sure to enjoy the shopping and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its cafés. Top sights around the area include Temae Beach and Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Papeete
- The closest major airport is in Papeete (PPT-Tahiti Faaa Intl.) 5.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Moorea (MOZ-Temae) 21.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Papeete
Cultural venues in the city include Black Pearl Museum, Musée de la Perle, and Musee de la Perle Robert WAN - The Robert WAN Pearl Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Parc Bougainville, Place Jacques Chirac, and Fautaua Waterfall. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Papeete Market is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Papeete. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Tahiti Nui - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free Internet.
- Hotel Sarah Nui - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free airport pick-up.
- Hotel Tiare Tahiti - Amenities at this 2-star hotel include a restaurant and a bar. Expedia customers like its clean rooms and location.
Top places to see around the area include Temae Beach, located 13 mi (21 from the heart of the city, and Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course, which is 14.2 mi (22.8 away.
Dressing for Papeete
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 71°F as the nighttime average
- Papeete gets about 68.74 inches of rain per year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 69°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Papeete?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Papeete, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Papeete?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Papeete?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Papeete?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Papeete?
Recent Reviews in Papeete
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Papeete airport?
- Where to stay near top Papeete attractions?
- More accommodation types in Papeete
- What kind of hotels are in Papeete?
- Which hotel chains are in Papeete?
- What are the most popular hotels in Papeete?
- Are there hotels near Papeete?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends