Visitors to Palau are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Bear's Rock and Maddalena Archipelago National Park.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Palau
- The closest major airport is in Olbia (OLB-Costa Smeralda) 32.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Figari (FSC-Figari - Sud Corse) 42.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Palau
The city's cultural venues include Monte Altura Fortress and Palau Ethnographic Museum. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Palau Harbor is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bear's Rock and La Sciumara Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Palau. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Vecchia Fonte - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Club Esse Porto Rafael - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with digital TV.
- Hotel La Roccia - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
A top sight outside the city is Maddalena Archipelago National Park, located 4.8 mi (7.7 from the center of the city.
Dressing for Palau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Palau gets about 0.87 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 51°F