Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 4 Mar. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Okinawa, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its aquarium.
- There are 511 hotels and other accommodations in Okinawa
- The closest major airport is in Naha (OKA) 3.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Okinawa
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Shiseibyo Temple, Naminouegu Shrine, and Kinjo Stone-Paved Road. The city's natural beauty is on display at Midorigaoka Park, Fukushu-en Garden, and Yogi Park. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Palette Kumoji, Taiheidori Shopping Street, and Makishi Public Market.
In Okinawa, you'll find 511 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Condominium Felicita Naha - This 3-star apartment in Naha City Centre features free WiFi and laundry facilities.
- Hyakunagaran - Our customers like the helpful staff at this ryokan. With a stay at this 4-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Chibana Terrace - This 3.5-star vacation home features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
Getting Around Okinawa
You can access metro transit at Kenchomae Station, Asahibashi Station, and Tsubogawa Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a car rental for your journey.
Dressing for Okinawa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 62°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 56°F
- Okinawa gets about 50.75 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 56°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Okinawa?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Okinawa, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Okinawa?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Okinawa?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Okinawa?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Okinawa?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Okinawa?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Okinawa?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Okinawa?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Okinawa?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Okinawa?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Okinawa?
Recent Reviews in Okinawa
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Okinawa airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Okinawa?
- Where to stay near top Okinawa attractions?
- More accommodation types in Okinawa
- What kind of hotels are in Okinawa?
- Which hotel chains are in Okinawa?
- What are the most popular hotels in Okinawa?
- Are there hotels near Okinawa?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends