Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Moorea, which is also known for its local tours. This city's relaxing setting also attracts tourists. Top sights in the city include Moorea Tropical Garden, Tiahura Beach, and Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Moorea
- The closest major airport is in Moorea (MOZ-Temae) 10.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Papeete (PPT-Tahiti Faaa Intl.) 24.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Moorea
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Moorea Tropical Garden, Tiahura Beach, and Temae Beach. Snorkeling, taking local tours, and shark watching are top activities, while sights to visit include Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course and Helene Spa. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Afareaitu and Haapiti.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Moorea. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 3 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Linareva Moorea Beach Resort - This 3-star resort features a private beach, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Fare Vaihere - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Moorea
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 71°F
- About 68.74 inches of rain falls on Moorea each year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 69°F