Travelers to Montauk give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seafood restaurants. A top sight in the city is Montauk Point Lighthouse.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Montauk
- The closest major airport is in Montauk, NY (MTP) 4.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field) 25.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montauk
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including South Edison Beach, Kirk Park Beach, and Shadmoor State Park. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and biking, while Montauk Marine Basin is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Montauk Point Lighthouse and Second House Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Montauk. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sunrise Guest House - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Ocean Resort Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Aqualina Inn Montauk - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Getting Around Montauk
With so many transportation options, seeing Montauk is easy. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Montauk Station. You can explore your water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Montauk
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 43.66 inches of rain falls on Montauk each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 27°F