Search Modica, Sicily Hotels from AU$62
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 29 Jul. 2019
Luxury-minded travelers enjoy visiting Modica though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront and spas. Top sights around the area include Akrai Archaeological Park and Cathedral of Noto.
- There are 123 hotels and other accommodations in Modica
- The closest major airport is in Comiso (CIY-Vincenzo Magliocco) 20.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Catania (CTA-Fontanarossa) 73.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Modica
The city is notable for landmarks like Church of San Pietro, Castello dei Conti, and Cathedral of San Giorgio. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Ispica Cave. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are La Casa delle Farfalle and Chocolate Museum of Modica.
In Modica, you'll be able to select from 123 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Torre del Sud Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Modica Old Town Rooms - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this townhouse accommodation. Amenities in this 3-star townhouse accommodation include free WiFi and an LCD TV.
- Balarte Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to see outside the city include Akrai Archaeological Park, located 15.6 mi (25.2 from the heart of the city, and Cathedral of Noto, which is 17.3 mi (27.8 away.
Getting Around Modica
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Modica Station. Modica may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Modica
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 51°F
- Average annual rainfall for Modica is 0.87 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 50°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Modica?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Modica, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Modica?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Modica?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Modica?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Modica?
What's the best luxury hotel in Modica?
What's the best boutique hotel in Modica?
Recent Reviews in Modica
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Modica airport?
- Where to stay near top Modica attractions?
- More accommodation types in Modica
- What kind of hotels are in Modica?
- Which hotel chains are in Modica?
- What are the most popular hotels in Modica?
- Are there hotels near Modica?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends