Visitors can enjoy all that Miyun has to offer including the temples, mountain views, and ski areas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's water parks and zoo. Top sights in the area include Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, and Great Wall of China.
- You'll find 1287 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Beijing
- The closest major airport is in Beijing (PEK-Capital Intl.) 59.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Miyun
The picturesque setting of Heilongtan Natural Scenic Area and Yaji Mountain exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bailong Pond and Bailongtan Forest Park.
As you plan for your vacation to Miyun, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 12 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are some of the places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Grand Bay Hotel Beijing is located 11.2 mi from the heart of Miyun. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Miyun can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Beijing Ju Man Yuan Triditional Hotel is 16.3 mi from the center of Miyun. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Miyun can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- RGHCM Hotel is 13.7 mi from central Miyun. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Miyun can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Great Wall of China, located 25.4 mi (40.9 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Miyun
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- About 23.35 inches of rain falls on Miyun each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 17°F