Visitors to Midland are sure to enjoy the sporting events and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, museums, and cafés.
- There are 130 hotels and other accommodations in Midland
- The closest major airport is in Midland, TX (MAF-Midland Intl.) 14 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Midland
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of the Southwest, Permian Basin Petroleum Museum, and CAF Airpower Museum. Basketball fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at First American Bank Ballpark, Grande Comunications Stadium, or Scharbauer Sports Complex. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are George W. Bush Childhood Home and Haley Memorial Library and History Center.
In Midland, you'll be able to select from 130 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Odessa - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Settles - Our customers like the bar and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Residence Inn Odessa - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Midland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 96°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- About 14.72 inches of rain falls on Midland each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F