Visiting Masai Mara
Visitors to Masai Mara are sure to enjoy the safari tours. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its parks.
- There are 60 hotels and other accommodations in Masai Mara
- The closest major airport is in Masai Mara (OLX-Olkiombo) 21.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Masai Mara (KEU-Keekorok) 28.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Masai Mara
The city's natural beauty is on display at Olare Orok Conservancy, Naboisho Conservancy, and Sekenani Main Gate. Top activities include wildlife viewing and camping, while Sekenani Reserve Headquarters, Musiara Gate, and Ololaimutiek Gate are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Masai Mara Reserve and Enonkishu Conservancy.
In Masai Mara, you'll be able to select from 60 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mara Intrepids Tented Camp - This 4.5-star lodge features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club - This 4-star hotel features 3 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool.
- Keekorok Lodge - With a stay at this 5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Masai Mara
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 48°F as the nighttime average
- Masai Mara gets about 33.19 inches of rain per year
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while September and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F