Visiting Laucala Island
Travelers to Laucala Island will find plenty to explore and enjoy. The closest major airport is in Taveuni (TVU-Matei) 22.5 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Laucala Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Taveuni. Additionally, you'll find Matangi Beach and Matangi Dock in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Laucala Island, you might not find the perfect accommodations in the city center, but here are lodging options around the area.
- Matangi Private Island Resort is located 1.3 mi from the heart of Laucala Island. This resort in Laucala Island features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center.
- Garden Island Resort is 4.4 mi from the center of Laucala Island. This 4-star resort in Matangi Island features a full-service spa, a private beach, and a restaurant. Our customers like its helpful staff.
- Maravu Taveuni Lodge - Hostel is 19.9 mi from central Laucala Island. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Taveuni Island East can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
Dressing for Laucala Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 78°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 78°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 78°F
- About 3.94 inches of rain falls on Laucala Island each year
- Usually April and December are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas September and April are often coldest, averaging 78°F