Families will find kid-friendly activities in Langkawi, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. A top sight in the city is Langkawi Cable Car.
- There are 274 hotels and other accommodations in Langkawi
- The closest major airport is in Langkawi (LGK-Langkawi Intl.) 6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Langkawi
Families come for attractions such as Langkawi Cable Car, Langkawi Crocodile Farm, and Herbwalk in Langkawi. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Mardi Agro Technology Park, Gunung Raya, and Langkawi Beach. Wildlife viewing is one of the top activities, while 99 East Golf Club, Telaga Harbor, and Datai Golf Club are favorite sights to visit.
In Langkawi, you'll find 274 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Danna Langkawi - This 5-star resort features a marina, a full-service spa, and a private beach. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
- The Datai Langkawi - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this resort. This 5-star resort features a marina, 2 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa.
- Casa del Mar, Langkawi - This 4-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and WiFi.
Dressing for Langkawi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 93°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 74°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Langkawi is 2.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F