Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 22 Feb. 2021
Travelers to Lahaina give high marks for the seaside, live music scene, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters. Top sights in the city include Kaanapali Beach, Kapalua Beach, and D.T. Fleming Beach Park.
- There are 1763 hotels and other accommodations in Lahaina
- The closest major airport is in Kapalua, HI (JHM-West Maui) 9.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Kahului, HI (OGG) 25.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lahaina
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Baldwin Home Museum, Maui Theater, and Costantino Art Gallery. The seaside and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Kaanapali Beach, Kapalua Beach, and D.T. Fleming Beach Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Outlets of Maui and Whalers Village.
In Lahaina, there are 1763 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Montage Kapalua Bay - This 5-star condo resort in Napili, Hawaii features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Hale Napili - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this condo. This 4-star condo in Napili, Hawaii features free WiFi, free parking, and a café.
- Ho'oilo House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Lahaina include Kapalua Golf Club Plantation Course. Top places to visit around the area include Iao Valley State Park, located 8.7 mi (14 from the city center, and Maui Ocean Center, which is 12.2 mi (19.6 away.
Getting Around Lahaina
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Lahaina Sugar Cane Train Station or Lahaina Sugar Cane Train Kaanapali Landing Station. Lahaina might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lahaina
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 65°F at night
- Lahaina gets about 12.72 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 64°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Lahaina?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lahaina, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Lahaina?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Lahaina?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Lahaina?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Lahaina?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Lahaina?
What is the best spa hotel in Lahaina?
What is staying in Lahaina like?
What should I see while I'm in Lahaina?
How can I get around Lahaina?
What's the weather like in Lahaina?
Recent Reviews in Lahaina
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Lahaina airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Lahaina?
- Where to stay near top Lahaina attractions?
- More accommodation types in Lahaina
- What kind of hotels are in Lahaina?
- Which hotel chains are in Lahaina?
- What are the most popular hotels in Lahaina?
- Are there hotels near Lahaina?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends