Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Hokitika, which is also known for its glaciers. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its aquarium.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Hokitika
- The closest major airport is in Hokitika (HKK) 9.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hokitika
The beaches, sunsets, and glaciers highlight the city's natural beauty, and Lake Kaniere, Westcoast Treetop Walk, and Hokitika Beach are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hokitika Clock Tower and Te Waipounamu Maori Heritage Centre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hokitika. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Annabelle Motel - Our customers like the quiet location and WiFi at this motel. With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free airport shuttle, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Shining Star Beachfront Accommodation - This 3.5-star cabin features free parking, a spa tub, and a sauna. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Hokitika
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hokitika is 1.42 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 36°F