Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gisborne, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries, local tours, and parks.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Gisborne
- The closest major airport is in Gisborne (GIS) 3.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gisborne
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Kaiti Hill and Midway Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Te Tauihu Turanga Whakamana and Tairawhiti Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gisborne. This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Champers Motor Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Gisborne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- About 42.20 inches of rain falls on Gisborne each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F