Visiting Fort Augustus
Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Fort Augustus, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its mountain views.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Fort Augustus
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV) 58.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Augustus
A couple of favorite places to visit are Benedictine Abbey and Clansman Centre. Additionally, you'll find Great Glen Water Park and The Falls of Foyers in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Fort Augustus. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lovat, Loch Ness - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- The Inch Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Caledonian Cottage - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Fort Augustus
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 62°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 56°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Fort Augustus is 1.22 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 63°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F