Families will find kid-friendly activities in Faro, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, bustling marina, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Carmo Church, Loule Castle, and Vilamoura Marina are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 78 hotels and other accommodations in Faro
- The closest major airport is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.) 3.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Faro
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Carmo Church, Repouso Arch, and Nossa Senhora da Assuncao Convent. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Faro Island Beach, Ilha da Barreta Beach, and Ilha da Culatra Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Forum Algarve Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Faro, you'll be able to select from 78 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa de Estoi - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Pousada Palacio De Estoi - Monument Hotel & SLH - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Faro Boutique Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, 2 bars, and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Loule Castle, located 9.9 mi (16 from the heart of the city, and Vilamoura Marina, which is 11.4 mi (18.3 away.
Getting Around Faro
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Faro is simple. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Faro Station. You can learn about your options for water transportation at the local marina.
Dressing for Faro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Faro gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 48°F