Search Exeter, England Hotels from AU$64
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 20 Oct. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Exeter, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its theaters, shopping, and university setting. A top sight in the city is Spacex.
- There are 87 hotels and other accommodations in Exeter
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.) 8.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Plymouth (PLH-Plymouth City) 52.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Exeter
The city is well known for its theaters and cultural venues like Spacex and Exeter Phoenix Centre. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Exeter Cathedral, St Martin's Church, and St Nicholas Priory. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Guildhall Shopping Centre, Harlequins Shopping Centre, and Princesshay.
In Exeter, you'll find 87 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Frogmill B&B - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Mill Farm - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this farm stay. This 4-star farm stay features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Lower Thornton Farm - Amenities in this 3-star B&B guestroom include cable TV and a coffee maker.
Getting Around Exeter
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Exeter Central Station, Exeter St Thomas Station, or Exeter St David's Station. Exeter might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Exeter
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Average annual rainfall for Exeter is 1.02 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 39°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Exeter?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Exeter, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Exeter?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Exeter?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Exeter?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Exeter?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Exeter?
What's the best high-end hotel in Exeter?
What's the best boutique hotel in Exeter?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Exeter?
Recent Reviews in Exeter
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Exeter airport?
- Where to stay near top Exeter attractions?
- More accommodation types in Exeter
- Which hotel chains are in Exeter?
- What are the most popular hotels in Exeter?
- Are there hotels near Exeter?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends