Visitors to Espoo are sure to enjoy the forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, ski areas, and spas. Around the area, top sights include Seurasaari Open Air Museum, National Museum, and Finlandia Hall.
- You'll find 228 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Helsinki
- The closest major airport is in Helsinki (HEL-Vantaa) 21.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Espoo
Favorite family attractions include Serena Waterpark and Serena Water Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Saunaseura and Espoo Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Espoo. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Hanasaari - This 3.5-star hotel in Etelainen District features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Forenom Apartments Espoo Tapiola - Our customers like the proximity to public transit and clean rooms at this apartment. Amenities at this 4-star apartment include free WiFi and laundry facilities.
- GLO Hotel Espoo Sello - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Seurasaari Open Air Museum, located 8 mi (12.8 from the city center, and National Museum, which is 9.7 mi (15.7 away.
Getting Around Espoo
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Espoo Station, Kauklahti Koklaks Station, or Espoo Kauniainen Station. Espoo might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Espoo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 38°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 25°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 53°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Average annual rainfall for Espoo is 27.13 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 17°F