Visitors can enjoy all that Einsiedeln has to offer including the temples, cathedral, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and mountain views. A top sight in the area is Rapperswil Castle.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Einsiedeln
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH) 38.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Einsiedeln
The city is notable for landmarks like Einsiedeln Abbey, Devil’s Bridge, and Bethlehem Diorama. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Schafbock- und Lebkuchenmuseum Goldapfel and Klosterkirche.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Einsiedeln. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel St.Georg - This 3-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel & Restaurant Linde - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Rapperswil Castle, located 7.7 mi (12.3 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Einsiedeln
Head to Einsiedeln S-Bahn for metro transit. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Einsiedeln
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Einsiedeln is 1.46 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F