Families will find kid-friendly activities in Darwin, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Culturally-rich and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its parks, theaters, and museums.
- There are 78 hotels and other accommodations in Darwin
- The closest major airport is in Darwin, NT (DRW-Darwin Intl.) 7.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Darwin
The city is well known for its theaters and museums, and cultural venues include Maningrida Arts & Culture, Brown's Mart Theatre, and Darwin Deckchair Cinema. Families come for attractions such as Crocosaurus Cove, Indo Pacific Marine, and Aquascene. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and these places to visit: Wave Lagoon, Darwin Waterfront, and Bicentennial Park.
In Darwin, you'll find 78 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Darwin Waterfront Luxury Suites - This 4-star apartment in Darwin City Centre features a water park, 7 restaurants, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable beds and location.
- One30 Esplanade Serviced Apartments - Our customers like the pool and quiet location at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Darwin City Centre can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Rydges Palmerston - Darwin - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Getting Around Darwin
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from East Arm Darwin Station. Darwin might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Darwin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 76°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 67°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 92°F during the day and 75°F at night
- About 67.05 inches of rain falls on Darwin each year
- Hottest months are usually November and October with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 68°F