Search Cortez, Colorado Hotels from AU$63
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 25 Nov. 2020
Reviewed on 29 Nov. 2020
Reviewed on 16 Nov. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Cortez, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its archaeological sites.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Cortez
- The closest major airport is in Cortez, CO (CEZ-Montezuma County) 6.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Farmington, NM (FMN-Four Corners Regional) 74.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cortez
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Long House, Step House Trail, and Spruce Tree House. The mountain views, parks, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Wetherill Mesa, Park Point, and Yucca House National Monument are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Clay Mesa art Gallery and Studio and Cortez Cultural Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Cortez. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Mesa Verde/Cortez - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Sophia Retreat and Event Center - With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Cortez
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- Average annual rainfall for Cortez is 12.56 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 17°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Cortez?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cortez, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Cortez?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Cortez?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Cortez?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Cortez?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Cortez?
Recent Reviews in Cortez
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Cortez airport?
- Where to stay near top Cortez attractions?
- More accommodation types in Cortez
- What kind of hotels are in Cortez?
- Which hotel chains are in Cortez?
- What are the most popular hotels in Cortez?
- Are there hotels near Cortez?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends